In addition to research, EpLink is working to create standard patient assessments. Standardizing research improves patient outcomes and the efficiency of Ontario’s health care system.
EpLink is working towards the standardized collection of the following data from all patients:
- Demographic information such as sex, ethnicity and education.
- Seizure information such as seizure type, cause and related syndromes.
- Clinical information such as quality of life, depression and sleep quality assessments.
- Brain imaging using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and electroencephalography (EEG).
- Genetic information such as whole genome sequencing.